In anticipation of Christmas festivities, we’ve got a fun and quick recipe for yummy white chocolate rocky road. Wrap it up and make a nice little gift for friends and family or serve it with a cup of tea!
- 350g White Chocolate
- 1/3 cup Shredded or Desiccated Coconut
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Pistachios
- 250g Mini Marshmallows
1. Melt the white chocolate. I used the double boiler method to do this (boil hot water in a pot, place a secondary pot inside it with the chocolate and stir until melted) , but you can also microwave it carefully, removing it after a minute or so to stir and repeating until it’s melted. Be very careful so as not to burn the chocolate. Burnt chocolate is useless chocolate.
2. Lightly toast your pistachios in a pan on med-low heat.
3. Assuming your smarter than me and you actually bought the mini marshmallows instead of needing to chop bigger marshies into tiny marshies, add them along with the cranberries, pistachios and coconut! Mix it all up!
4. Line your container with baking paper and pour your mix into it. Make sure it nice and even in the pan. Pop it into the fridge for about 2 hours.
5. Check that it is set and use a hot knife to cut it into neat little squares!
A twist on this recipe is to replace the cranberries with cherries and try a few varieties of nuts like macadamias, almonds and walnuts. I also think next time I might smash up some ginger snap cookies or shortbread to add to the texture!
Have a sugary sweet Christmas!