Are you looking for a yummy contribution to Christmas dessert or for a little foodie gift? We’ve got the perfect recipe for the sweet tooth!
You will need
- ¼ cup cream
- 200gdark eating chocolate chopped coarsely
- ¼ cup finely chopped cranberries
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- 250 Dark Chocolate Cadbury melts
1. Combine cream and chopped chocolate in a small pan and stir over a low heat until smooth. Stir in vodka soaked cranberries ( I like to soak my cranberries for an hour in a measuring jug and then toss my cranberries over one or two times to make sure they all get a turn at the bottom in the vodka). Transfer mix to a small bowl and place in the fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight.
2. Working with ½ the mix at a time (keeping the rest in the fridge) roll rounded teaspoons into ball and placed on a lined tray. Place in the fridge until firm.
3. Place chocolate melts into a small glass bowl or a glass measuring jug and melt in the microwave. (The reason for this is you want to make the melted chocolate deep enough to fully submerge your truffles.)
4. Working quickly, dip truffle balls into melted chocolate. And place on a lined tray and place in the fridge until firm. Tip: I gently spear my truffles with a skewer and dip in the chocolate. Then keeping the truffle low in the bowl/jug spin the excess chocolate off. Use another skewer to push the truffle off the first skewer. If there in a hole left from the skewer just dab a little bit of melted choc to hide it.
Let us know how you go with the recipe! Get experimental by adding nuts or try other yummy liquors to soak the fruit in.