We recently had our infamous Bake Swap, this time it was sweet vs. savoury! And in the lead up to it, I was hunting down new recipes to work with to bring something incredibly delicious to share with the lovely ladies in attendance. I came across the concept of Sea Salt & Olive Oil Chocolate Cookies and couldn’t resist giving it a try!
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups regular or dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Line your baking trays with baking paper!
2. Add the eggs, cocoa powder, flour, olive oil, sugar and salt. Beat it until a dough forms.
3. Dissolve baking soda in a small bowl with 1 tbsp hot water.
4. Add baking soda mixture and vanilla and beat until it is well combined. Now you can add your chocolate chips! Use a spoon to mix it up!
5. Refrigerate the mixture for a minimum of 30 minutes but you can leave it overnight if you like!
6. Scoop out heaping tablespoons of dough onto your prepared baking paper and sprinkle with sea salt.
7. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the edges are firm. Let your cookies cool on the baking tray fully until transferring to a wire rack to cool.
8. Enjoy with a big glass of milk! Don’t forget to share them with your loved ones…or hoard them away and eat them in secret shame.
As always, we love to see and appreciate the results of your baking and making so share them with us on Instagram with #makerssociety or tag us @themakerssociety!