Okay, I know it’s Australia Day this Monday and it’s the long weekend, but I’m not writing an instructional post on how to play Goon of Fortune (hang a goon bag on a clothes line, spin and drink). Partly, because it’s pretty basic, but mostly because…ew. So if you feel like having a relatively civilised ‘Straya Day, try this on for size with your cheese cubes and cabanossi! Also, double ew.
A Moscow Mule is usually served in a tall glass, but when you’ve got some sweet and stylish copper mugs given to you by an awesome buddy (thanks Ez!) for Christmas, you use them!
What you’ll need:
- 2 shots of vodka (90ml)
- Juice of 2-3 x limes
- 3 sprigs of mint, torn & muddled
- Ginger beer
- Ice cubes
- 1 lemon or lime wedge for garnish
1. In a cocktail shaker, measure out 2 shots of vodka. Pour in lime juice and tear up 2 or 3 sprigs worth of mint leaves. Drop in some of your ice cubes and give it a good shake.
2. Pour the mixture into each of the glasses. Top with ice and ginger beer. If you have less of sweet tooth, you could do half ginger beer, half soda water.
3. Garnish with an additional sprig and a wedge of lemon or lime. Enjoy!
Got an interesting take on this cocktail recipe? We’d love to hear it! Leave it us a comment below!