My love for zucchini fritter and search for the ideal zucchini fritter recipe began a few years ago on Saturday at Rozelle Markets. There was a Greek food stall selling them and they were DE-VINE! As in we ate them and went back for more…so yeh, pretty good. Since then, I’ve started making them as a regular meal in the Mealing house, usually served with salad, always with greek yogurt and sriracha chili sauce. Always.
So here’s the basic recipe I use for the fritters and yogurt, though occasionally I mix things up – use red onion instead of spring, grate a few carrots as well, maybe serve some mint yogurt…
Zucchini Fritters Ingredients
- 3 medium zucchinis
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan
- slice thinly 3 shallots
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/4 cup fresh continental parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander chopped (optional)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 teaspoons olive oil (for frying)
Zucchini Fritters Method
1. Use your grating tool on your food processor to grate up the zucchinis in no time! Once they’re grated, use a strainer and squeeze out any excess liquid.
2. Add all your ingredients apart from the oil and stir it through. It will seem dry at first but persist and it should look like the image I’ve added below! If you’re finding it’s still dry, you could always add a second egg.
3. Heat up half of your oil in a pan, on a medium high heat, spoon out about 1 and 1/4 tablespoons into 4 separate portions in the pan, spreading them out a little with your spoon. I usually make about 8 – 10 of these babies per mixture. Lightly fry them until they are golden, flip and do the same to the other side. While they are frying, I suggest getting the yogurt started!
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 of cucumber sliced and diced
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup coriander chopped
Combine all of it in a small bowl and serve in dollops atop your fritters with sriracha chili sauce!